What are some must-try Thai dishes when visiting Bangkok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Maurycy

I know Bangkok is famous for its street food, but what specific dishes should I make sure to try? I’d love to hear about both popular and lesser-known Thai dishes!

• #9008 Reply
        Filip

Of course, you’ll find Pad Thai everywhere, but if you really want to dive into some Thai flavors, I’d recommend trying Pad Krapow (stir-fried basil with minced meat) and Som Tum (papaya salad). Pad Krapow is spicy and savory—usually served with rice and a fried egg on top, it’s a simple dish but packs a punch in terms of flavor. As for Som Tum, it’s a refreshing mix of sweet, sour, and spicy, made from shredded green papaya. You’ll find street food vendors making both, and they’re super affordable!

• #9009 Reply
          Krzysztof

For something a bit more unique, I highly recommend trying Boat Noodles at Victory Monument. They’re a specialty in Bangkok and have a rich, flavorful broth with beef or pork. The bowls are small, so people usually order a few at a time—it’s part of the fun! For dessert, you must try Mango Sticky Rice. The combination of sweet mango, coconut milk, and sticky rice is amazing, and it’s a great way to cool down after a spicy meal. You can find it at many street stalls and restaurants across the city.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        Reply To: What are some must-try Thai dishes when visiting Bangkok?
        Your information: